Today, November 16, British Columbia has announced a new round of immigration invitations, specifically targeting the construction sector. This initiative is a first for the province’s skilled immigration program, offering 12 exclusive spots for professionals in this field.
This development addresses the increasing demand for high-quality labor in the construction sector, setting a minimum Expression of Interest (EOI) score of 75 for applicants who are invited. The qualifying positions include:
- 22114 Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists
- 72102 Sheet metal workers
- 72103 Boilermakers
- 72104 Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters
- 72105 Ironworkers
- 72106 Welders and related machine operators
- 72200 Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- 72201 Industrial electricians
- 72300 Plumbers
- 72301 Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers
- 72302 Gas fitters
- 72310 Carpenters
- 72311 Cabinetmakers
- 72320 Bricklayers
- 72400 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics
- 72401 Heavy-duty equipment mechanics
- 72402 Heating, refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics
- 72500 Crane operators
- 73100 Concrete finishers
- 73101 Tilesetters
- 73102 Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
- 73110 Roofers and shinglers
- 73111 Glaziers
- 73112 Painters and decorators (except interior decorators)
- 73113 Floor covering installers
The program primarily invites international students and skilled workers. International students are eligible to apply within three years of their graduation. In contrast, skilled workers are required to have at least two years of experience in a high-skilled occupation. Other criteria include a permanent, full-time job offer with a competitive wage and language proficiency at or above CLB level 4.
An ideal candidate for this program would be someone who has been working with the same employer for over a year, earning $23 per hour in the Metro Vancouver Regional area. They should have an English proficiency level of CLB 7 (equivalent to IELTS 6.0) and hold a degree from a university in British Columbia.
Immigration Professional Services
If you are exploring the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) and need guidance, RED Immigration is here to assist. Our team comprises licensed immigration consultants who are dedicated to helping you with all aspects of the BC PNP process.
RED Immigration specializes in supporting applicants through the consultation, preparation, and submission stages of their BC PNP applications. We represent our clients in interactions with business owners and government agencies to ensure a smooth and successful immigration process. Our consultants clearly explain program requirements, application procedures, and assist in preparing all the necessary documents.
With our support, you can confidently approach your opportunity to settle in British Columbia, Canada. Contact us today to take advantage of the best immigration opportunities.
- BC Skilled Immigration Programs: https://www.redim.ca/british-columbia/skills-immigration
- Current Draws in Canada: https://www.redim.ca/imm-tools/imm-draws
- BCPNP EOI Calculator: https://www.redim.ca/imm-tools/bc-pnp-calculator